If you are interested in a career involving the river, you may want to know more about pay, who is hiring, and what kind of training you need before you start. Our careers page highlights the variety of opportunities in the industry.
Did you know if your career involves a boat, you will need a Transportation Worker Identification Credential (TWIC) card? It functions as an identification card, and more information is available below.
Career Page TWIC Card
Follow us on Social Media
If you want to understand all the rivers have to offer, connect with us on social media. We are active on Facebook, Instagram, and LinkedIn with daily unique posts and industry connections!
- MENTOR MONDAY- Head over to our Facebook and LinkedIn pages the first Monday of each month to read stories about people making an impact in the industry, submitted by people like you! Check out our archived posts here
- TOWBOAT TUESDAY- Learn something new the second Tuesday of each month when we highlights facts, history, and terms for the river industry.
- YOU WORK THE RIVERS WEDNESDAY- The third Wednesday of the month, we partner with our sponsors to post job openings on our Facebook and LinkedIn pages! On Instagram, Water Workers Wednesday features a different career for the entire month.
- NATIONAL RIVERS HALL OF FAME FRIDAY- Get to know our Hall of Fame Inductees and Achievement Award Winners the last Friday of each month. You can view all Hall of Fame inductees and award winners here
- SPECIES SUNDAY-A variety of species call the rivers home. One Sunday each month, we highlight a different species.
RiverWorks Discovery hosts several events throughout the year. View them here, alongside our reoccurring educational segments on social media.
Recently visited a Who Works the Rivers event? We post the recap with photos and information about the presenters for your city’s event.
Past WWR Events
In these short stories, people who work on and along rivers share how they found their role and the lessons they learned from those guiding them. Feel free to share your own story.
Interested in submitting your own Mentor Monday? Contact Hope Sears (firstname.lastname@example.org)